Game down :(

General game-related topics.
Russ3Z
Site Admin

Re: Game down :(

Post by Russ3Z »

It was working ok as of about 9:30 PM EST last night for me. Can't speak for after that.
mikhan

Post by mikhan »

hmmm I couldn't connect yesterday and still can't. sounds like it didn't crash/isn't crashed then? is it possible that my antivirus changed my firewall settings or somesuch? enlighten me!!
Russ3Z
Site Admin

Post by Russ3Z »

I'm not at all an expert, but I assume you're still using the right address (game.wotmud.org) and port 2224. If you've got any kind of funky firewall make sure that port is allowed, etc.

Tried pinging it? Traceroute might find a block somewhere between you and the game. Otherwise, some of our more technically-inclined players might be of more help.

Oh, and not sure if it's still the case, but new char creation had been (might still be?) blocked recently for unknown reasons, so if you were trying to stat that might be it.
mikhan

Post by mikhan »

when i try pinging it it says IP address not accessible. i'm not sure how to look at my firewall. is it possible that my antivirus changed my firewall settings for me after an automatic update or whatnot? i'm not too technically savvy with this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Cranky

Post by Cranky »

Your firewall/router can usually be accessed by going to 192.168.1.1 and logging in there. Then browse to the security settings and see whats up. I kind of doubt your AV changed any settings..you can check your windows firewall though and make sure nothing is blocking it there either.

It almost sounds like you were hit by the getting site banned from auto-connecting thing...did you notice if you were trying to reconnect for awhile?

I'm not sure how they have it set up, but maybe if you are site banned, you can shut off your cable modem for awhile, and wait for the DHCP lease to expire so you get a NEW external IP address that isn't blocked, and try connecting then?

-Cranky
katzbalger

Post by katzbalger »

I couldn't connect for a while yesterday too, after 30m or so i went out, few hours later it worked again and I noticed the mud hadn't crashed. Couldn't get on forums either for the same time.
mikhan

Post by mikhan »

figured it out, thanks guys
zankou

Post by zankou »

It’s back up ;)