WoTMUD Archives

A player-run forum for the Wheel of Time MUD
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Darkfriend Quest Chain
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
This is, so far, pretty stupid imo. There are no directions, no clues, it seems the only way to find the actual quest mobs....is go around the entire MUD on your DF looking to see any mobs with 'surrounded by a dark aura'.


* HP:Healthy MV:Winded > look
A Well-Provisioned Stable
Rows and rows of horse stalls here can accomodate quite a few horses.
There are bales of fresh hay piled in a corner, and shelves piled high
with horse tackle such as new saddles, horseshoes, ropes, and bridles.
Sets of black ledger books are lined up carefully on one shelf.
[ obvious exits: N ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby.
A man walks among the horses here feeding them and rubbing them down.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby.

* HP:Healthy MV:Winded > give ring man
You give a gold ring to a stable hand.


A stable hand says 'My, my, my. What a gift, my friend.'
A stable hand says 'Just what I needed.'
A stable hand tells you 'And with that, you are bound in service to the Great Lord.'
A stable hand tells you 'From now until the end of your days, and even beyond,'
A stable hand tells you 'you belong to Him, and will never be released.'
A stable hand tells you 'Never.'
A stable hand tells you 'Seek others like me, they will give you tasks.'
A stable hand tells you 'Identify yourself to them,quietly, as a Friend of the Dark.'
A stable hand tells you 'You will know them when you see them.'
A stable hand tells you 'Now be gone, and remember, if you betray me...'
A stable hand tells you 'You will wish you had never been born.'
A burning, a coldness, something eats inside your very core!

------------------------------------------------------------

* HP:Healthy MV:Weary > The Front Room of a Richly-Furnished House
What looked like a poor but comfortable home from the exterior proves to be
a lovely house filled with beautiful objects. The front room is a bit
cramped, but there are elegant tapestries, rich carpets, and painstakingly
carved furniture. Undoubtedly these nice things make this the wealthiest
house in such a small, ordinary village.
[ obvious exits: S ]
A merchant stands here, whistling softly, surrounded by a dark aura.

* HP:Healthy MV:Weary >
A whistling merchant stops using a lantern.

* HP:Healthy MV:Weary > t merchant friend of the dark
You tell a whistling merchant 'friend of the dark'

A whistling merchant tells you 'Oh my...a nice little Friend of the Dark.'
A whistling merchant tells you 'The armies of the Dark always need supplies, Name.'
A whistling merchant tells you 'As a lowly worm, you will help me with these supplies.'
A whistling merchant tells you 'Bring me pendants. Pendants of obsidian. I require three of these and no more.'


* HP:Healthy MV:Strong > give all.pendant merchant
You give a shimmering pendant of obsidian to a whistling merchant. 2QP Each
You give a shimmering pendant of obsidian to a whistling merchant.
You give a shimmering pendant of obsidian to a whistling merchant.

* HP:Healthy MV:Strong >
A whistling merchant tells you 'That is all I require for now, Name. Begone, little one.'
A whistling merchant tells you 'That is all I require for now, Name. Begone, little one.'
A whistling merchant tells you 'That is all I require for now, Name. Begone, little one.'




Deven Ride:-

* HP:Healthy MV:Tiring > Master Fein's Home
The mayor's home is, perhaps surprisingly, much like the other homes of Deven
Ride. It is more functional than decorative or elaborate. Even the mayor is
a practical man. He, after all, has to do something for a living. Several
chairs sit around a small table, which obviously passes as the dining area.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Master Fein strides swiftly around, taking care of his mayoral duties, surrounded by a dark aura.
You tell Master Fein 'tasks'
Master Fein studies you closely.
Master Fein tells you 'Keep it down!'
Master Fein tells you 'I might have something for you to do.'
Master Fein tells you 'Our mutual employer trains some of the best assassins, yet he needs weapons
to equip them.'
Master Fein tells you 'They are only interested in the best equipment though.'
Master Fein tells you 'Some of the learning grunts like a heavy blade, made of sturdy jade.'---1QP
Master Fein tells you 'I've also heard word of a blade so clear that they can nearly be wielded in ---2QP
broad daylight.'
Master Fein tells you 'Then there are also those blades made of blackened steel.'---2QP
Master Fein tells you 'But the grand prize would be a rare set of dirks with moonstone hilts.'
Master Fein tells you 'Find any of those and bring them to me and I'll see that you are awarded.'
Master Fein tells you 'I don't need mass quantities though, no more than three of each.'
Master Fein tells you 'Now, be gone!'

Illian
Palace Road
Just east of here, Palace Road intersects with the main concourse through
Illian, Callisidrin Avenue. To the west this road runs past a tall stone
watchtower and then curves slightly to the south as it makes its way
towards the Palace of the Assemblage.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]9778
Door north: woodendoor
Eyes keen, a Domani razor stands here swishing its tail, being ridden by you.
A man in expensive robes stands here, eyeing you with disdain, surrounded by a dark aura.
A gleeman is here, wearing a cloak of different colored patches.
You tell a wealthy nobleman 'tasks'
A wealthy nobleman nods at you.
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Several tasks yes, some running around that is quite below my position.
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Firstly you can get your hands dirty and find me some iron ore.' --1QP each
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'I need three pieces, no more.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Secondly I want human teeth.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Punch your own out for all I care, just get me some.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Once again, three is plenty.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'A pyramid carved from ivory, to be precise.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'If I don't find one fast there might be trouble...'
A wealthy nobleman tells you '...for YOU!'
A wealthy nobleman glares at you with evil intent.
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'I have no idea if more than one of such a thing exists, regardless one
is all i want.'
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'So dont waste my time looking for favor with another, or you'll regret
A wealthy nobleman tells you 'Now get out of my sight and make yourself useful.'


bear-wb road
End of the Path
You are on a narrow trail which ends abruptly to the west at a large spur of
rock thrown out by the low ridge west of here. A large, swift stream flows
rapidly by to the north, coming around the spur of rock and running off east-
ward. The trail here also heads east, following the stream bank, which rises
fairly high here. Below the embankment grow many alder, birch and willow, but
above it the forest you are in is dominated by oak and ash, with some thickets
of fir and clumps of undergrowth scattered about.
[ obvious exits: N E ]1661
A one person canoe rests on the ground. [2]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A man in dark, finely woven wool eyes you warily, surrounded by a dark aura.
You tell a petty merchant 'tasks'
A petty merchant tells you 'Yes I do have something you can do actually.'
A petty merchant tells you 'The exotic beasts used by Seanchan are most interesting.'
A petty merchant tells you 'Not to mention dangerous and extremely effective.'
A petty merchant tells you 'I've been ordered to obtain samples of genetic material from these
beasts.'
A petty merchant tells you 'Apparently some madman hidden away up north in a laboratory is doing
some kind of experiment.'
You stop paying increased attention to your surroundings.
A petty merchant tells you 'Scalps should do the trick.'
A petty merchant tells you 'Torm, Raken, To'raken, Corlm and Lopar are all on the list I've been
given'
A petty merchant tells you 'Also those armoured stallions deathwatch seanchan ride.'
A petty merchant tells you 'Just get me one of each, I dont need any more.'
A petty merchant tells you 'Best to get moving now, we don't want people seeing us together.'

Taren ferry
A House
Four barren walls and a dusty floor greet you. On the walls can be seen the
lighter outlines of paintings and other fixtures that used to adorn the wall
but now are conspicuously absent.
[ obvious exits: N ]3074
An arrogant man with cold, emotionless eyes stands here, surrounded by a dark aura.
You tell a man with cold eyes 'tasks'
A man with cold eyes nods at you.
A man with cold eyes tells you 'Yes, there are some things you can help with.'
A man with cold eyes cracks his knuckles and grins at you.
A man with cold eyes tells you 'We're under orders to neuter the power of Aes Sedai by using herbal
concoctions.'
A man with cold eyes tells you 'I need you to acquire for me three vials of forkroot.' ----1QP Each
A man with cold eyes tells you 'We have agents who can put these to good use.'
A man with cold eyes peers around carefully.
A man with cold eyes tells you 'In addition, Master Bryan is seeking a particular type of Angreal.'
A man with cold eyes tells you 'A dark, many-faceted stone is engraved with scenes of natural ----4QP Each
disasters.'
A man with cold eyes tells you 'See if you can find a few, I'm told there are a number in existence.
A man with cold eyes tells you 'Three of them should keep him happy, for now.'
A man with cold eyes shivers and motions for you to leave.


Last edited by katzbalger on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
Caemlyn:-

Fountain Square of the Inner City
You pause for a moment in this wide square to admire the magnificent Ogier
work. The buildings are stunningly beautiful, with curves that blend into each
other. There is a sense that the whole city was constructed as a unit by some
collective mind. The square you find yourself in is made of wide, paved stones.
You can see the curved wall of the palace off to the west, and an open yard to
the south. A small open-air market lies to the east.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]33
Some elaborate figurines spew fresh water into a broad basin here.
Eyes keen, a Domani razor stands here swishing its tail, being ridden by you.
A well-dressed boy stands nearby.
A little girl watches you, mischief in her eyes.
A governess stands here, keeping watch over her charges, surrounded by a dark aura.
A master of the Blade unfolds into a cat-like stance here.

* R HP:Healthy MV:Tiring >
t governess friend of the dark
You tell a governess 'friend of the dark'
A governess tells you 'I have orders from the Chosen to share out these tasks amongst us all.'
A governess tells you 'TASK ONE:'
A governess tells you 'Ishamael seeks the removal of crystal lightsticks from the world.'
A governess tells you 'always be present. You may bring me five of these and no more.' ------1 QP each

A governess tells you 'TASK TWO:'
A governess tells you 'Semirhage, the Lady of Pain, has ordered the destruction of vials of yellow
fluid.'
A governess tells you 'You may bring me up to five of those, as well.'--------------1 qp each

A governess tells you 'TASK THREE:'
A governess tells you 'Be'lal seeks specialty weaponry, specifically swords.'
A governess tells you 'You may not know this, but it was he who rediscovered the use of swords'
A governess tells you 'for combat, when previously it was for sport in the Age of Legends.'
A governess tells you 'As a collector, all worthy swords must be his, especially anything heron
marked.'
A governess tells you 'Whatever you obtain bearing that mark, you may bring to me.'

A governess tells you 'TASK FOUR:'
A governess tells you 'Lanfear seeks angreal, from ter'angreal to sa'angreal.'
A governess tells you 'Her discoveries and research of the One Power requires them.'
A governess tells you 'As a woman, she can only make use of those attuned to Saidar.'
A Master of the Blade has arrived from the south.
A governess tells you 'At this time she seeks a wood carving of a bear, and a necklace of fire
sapphire.'
A governess tells you 'She requires five of each of these for her personal use, Name.' -----------4qp necklace-------2qp carving


A governess tells you 'TASK FIVE:'
A governess tells you 'Sammael seeks also seeks caches of angreal.'
A governess tells you 'It is possible that he and Lanfear are in subtle competition.'
A governess tells you 'He seeks only those angreal that work with Saidin.'
A governess tells you 'He is now looking for a red-veined rod of black marble, and a jade carving of
an old man.'
A governess tells you 'He needs only five of each of these and no more.'----------4qp jade-----6qp rod



The Upstairs Bedroom
A large and exquisitely decorated room. A golden bed lies under an enormous
double window. A bureau lies on one wall, with an empty vase on top of it.
The carpet is soft, but well worn. A portrait of the house's owner is framed
on the far wall. A small nightstand rests near the bed with a worn book
sitting upon it.
[ obvious exits: D ]56
A fat merchant is here, enjoying himself, surrounded by a dark aura.
You tell the fat merchant 'tasks'
The fat merchant tells you 'You sure it is safe to talk here?'
The fat merchant tells you 'There is something that needs to be done.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Enemies on horseback charging into battle can decimate trolloc fists.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Word from above is that we are to collect high quality spears, and
destroy as many as possible.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Those spears with the blue tassels are one variety.' 2QP EACH
The fat merchant tells you 'Also the partisans that they forge in Ghealdan.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Of course, the real prize is a shocklance.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Get your hands on any those and deliver them to me.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Not too many though, it would arouse suspicion.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Three of each is plenty from you, others have been set the same task.'
The fat merchant tells you 'Now get out of here you are making me nervous.'


A Paved Road
You are at the north end of a paved road. There are a few houses north of
you, and a narrow side street can be seen to the west. To the east a long
stone road begins.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]39
A youthful, ill-tempered soldier stands here, eyeing you with a cold stare, surrounded by a dark
aura.
You tell a young mercenary soldier 'tasks'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'Yes, there are some tasks you can help me with.'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'Though you might want to be more careful next time!'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'This is a dangerous place for us to converse.'
A young mercenary soldier peers around suspiciously.
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'Quickly though, there are three items that Mistress Kedelacia
has demanded she possess.'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'First up, jeweled wristcuffs and shimmering gold chains, two of
each.' Gold chains--3QP Each JCUFFS--4QP Each
young mercenary soldier tells you 'She may be a Dreadlord but her taste seems like every other
woman i know... expensive.'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'Secondly she seeks small crystalline circlets, she desires a
pair of these also.'
A young mercenary soldier tells you 'I hope thats clear. Two of each only, dont harass me beyond
that or you will regret it.'


Last edited by katzbalger on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
Darkfriend mobs:-


A dirty old beggar stands here in rags, giving you a blank stare, surrounded by a dark aura. --No response to friend of the dark or tasks


Last edited by katzbalger on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
A tawny merchant stands here, glaring about the area, surrounded by a dark aura.
A tawny merchant tells you 'The Great Lord requires something simple from you, to fit your simple
skills.'
A tawny merchant tells you 'An old woman and man reside in a village east of Lugard, pretending to
do research.'
A tawny merchant tells you 'We suspect she is an Aes Sedai and he her warder - dispose of them and
bring me proof.' ---3QP EACH

Tawny, Whistling merchants and governess are the ones that respond to t mob friend of the dark, other mobs respond to t mob tasks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 am
Posts: 6
At what point are you meant to contact a Chosen? For those looking to remort.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
I believe you CAN contact a chosen at any point, whether they want to take you on is another matter. That seems to be the sticking point, there's only so many chosen to take on df's and you got to find one who doesn't already have a df sponsored, is willing to put in the time with one and do it by randomly sending messages via rats/wandering around hoping to bump into one :roll: Unfortunately all the original posts on the new df system are gone with forums, so not sure on specifics, there was a point mentioned where you must be sponsored to advance, I think that's just before you become Known.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 am
Posts: 6
Hm. Thank you. Any idea how to send messages through rats? Tell rat? Whisper rat? Writing on parchment?

I am going to need to seriously brush up on my roleplay-ness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 26
whisper rat, with a rat in the room


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 am
Posts: 6
Is there something additional that must be done in order to be able to rent in darkfriend rents?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group