Fish and Fishing (by Khahliana)

General game help topics.
Russ3Z
Site Admin

Fish and Fishing (by Khahliana)

Post by Russ3Z »

Courtesy of Khahliana. Originally posted at http://www.wotmud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=53566.
Khahliana wrote: Fairly recently a young woman asked me how to fish. Naturally, I told her what I knew of fishing. Later, because she was not rewarded for the one she caught and gave to the Watch Hill town crier, she asked if there were different kinds of fish and whether this crier wanted a certain kind of fish. This got me to thinking further on the subject and did some research on fish and fishing. Below are the results of this study.

Fish Varieties:
silvery fish
small silvery fish
large silvery fish
small school of fish
piranhas
silverpike
blue shark

Fish to Catch:
silvery fish
small silvery fish
large silvery fish
small school of fish

Weight: 0.1 lbs (all types)

Nutritional Value:

1 fish is consumed in 12 nibbles
2 fish make a full meal.

Fish Locations:
Fish are found in various streams, fords and rivers around the world. In some, you may wade into the water, however, other places will require a canoe or a raft.

Fishing:
To catch fish, you must have a fishing net and be in a room with fish. Once you locate a suitable fishing spot, drop the net and wait. Either the fish will dash away startled or you will be able to haul in the net full of fish.

One caution while fishing, if it turns night between dropping the net and either catching something or startling the fish, if you are not holding a light the net will be lost. Be aware of the time and hold a light early.

Fishing for Profit:
You may sell your fish to any of the various fishmongers located in or around the cities and villages of the world by giving the fish to the fishmonger.

Supplemental:
In the end, the Watch Hill town crier actually wants a fish scalp, not a caught fish.
Russ3Z
Site Admin

Re: Fish and Fishing

Post by Russ3Z »

Adirne wrote: I'd add a manta ray to the known species of fish, though I haven't checked if it actually answers to the keyword 'fish'.
Adirne wrote: The only difference between fishes is while they're in water; after you catch them they're all 'a fish'. Each fetches 10 copper for the seller, but each time you catch something you catch either two or three fish.
Somewhat related, you can also sell scalps of lobsters or crabs, I believe, and I think it's at the same price.