Discussion on Weave Damage

General game help topics.
Damena

Discussion on Weave Damage

Post by Damena »

Forgive me for being a noob, but what does "8d6" mean? I thought I understood briefly, but this implies that flamestrike and hailstorm cause more damage than spikes?

Upon re-reading, I don't think that conclusion is true, but rather that the lower the number before "d", the higher the damage. Still unclear on what this all means...
Last edited by Medakan on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post so Hress can post weave damage tables in original thread
Damena

Re: Weaves damage

Post by Damena »

Damena wrote:Forgive me for being a noob, but what does "8d6" mean? I thought I understood briefly, but this implies that flamestrike and hailstorm cause more damage than spikes?

Upon re-reading, I don't think that conclusion is true, but rather that the lower the number before "d", the higher the damage. Still unclear on what this all means...
Ooooh. I looked it up. So, that would be a random roll from 8 6-sided dice, so the damage would range from 8 to 48. Yes?
Axel

Re: Weaves damage

Post by Axel »

Yea pretty much. Play around with anydice.com

Also the icespikes has 8d16? So lowest is 8 and highest is 128 but the chances are really low.

Flamestrike is 9d6 which is 9 to 54.
Dixson

Re: Discussion on Weave Damage

Post by Dixson »

Axel wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm Yea pretty much. Play around with anydice.com

Also check out D-Bal Max here because the icespikes has 8d16? So lowest is 8 and highest is 128 but the chances are really low.

Flamestrike is 9d6 which is 9 to 54.
I really like the Icespikes. It's always exciting when those high rolls happen, even if it's pretty rare. In fact, I prefer that those are rare. What do you guys prefer?
Last edited by Dixson on Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axel

Re: Discussion on Weave Damage

Post by Axel »

I'd prefer less randomness.. Such a large range makes it unpredictable.