zMUD plugin corrupted

Setup, mapping, script help, etc.
flaviss

zMUD plugin corrupted

Post by flaviss »

Hey thanks for putting all this stuff up - it is invaluable.

I was trying to install Charbal's spinning timer plugin and it keeps saying it is not a valid plugin. I have zmudd installed in own directory and have placed the plugin.dll in the same folder as zmudd. I have also tried it directly from the downloads folder. I have also tried re-downloading it in case it was corrupted - all with the same outcome. Windows 10.

Hope ya'll have an easy fix! Also, do you know where any of the other old plugins are like the melee colors plugin?

Thanks,

Flaviss
Last edited by Medakan on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Post moved here to keep HoM script topic informational only
Taziar

zMUD General Help

Post by Taziar »

flaviss wrote:Hey thanks for putting all this stuff up - it is invaluable.

I was trying to install Charbal's spinning timer plugin and it keeps saying it is not a valid plugin. I have zmudd installed in own directory and have placed the plugin.dll in the same folder as zmudd. I have also tried it directly from the downloads folder. I have also tried re-downloading it in case it was corrupted - all with the same outcome. Windows 10.

Hope ya'll have an easy fix! Also, do you know where any of the other old plugins are like the melee colors plugin?

Thanks,

Flaviss
Corruption Issues
Sometimes zMUD will corrupt and the program will hang on the splash screen or give an error. (eg. Chars: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset.) Sometimes it will just be a plugin that has had some issue. zMUD saves data in the windows registry regarding plugins and data for the copyright protection. The following is a walk through to delete the plugin information for windows 10:
  • right click windows button
    click run
    type regedit
    click yes to open registry editor
    click HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    in software find the Zuggsoft folder
    under zMUD delete the plugins folder
zMUD Plugins post here on Archives forums.
House of Medakan cMUD Scripts: Table of Contents

House of Medakan zMUD Scripts: Table of Contents